A look into Cassper's Kanye Comparison on Sway


Couldn't explain this in a tweet so I'll blog about it.

The Twitter streets went crazy after listening to an hour, give or take, long interview of Cassper Nyovest on Sway in the morning. The first South African to do so. Of all the things he spoke about to in the interview and the dope rhymes he dropped; black Twitter seems to want to tell Sway, one tweeter even requested Sways number so she could call him, and say Cassper's lying about being called SA's Kanye.

I myself have never heard anyone compare Cassper to Kanye but I cannot say he's lying. Unless I spend a day or two with him and see how he's treated and what he's called in the streets I can't say he's lying. But being one of the biggest hip hop stars in the country is it that far fetched that he would be called Kanye? Him being a big star in his country and pushing the boundaries and being on Sway's show, same show Kanye went on, makes him comparable. If

I myself compare AKA more to Kanye not really because of the music but because of his rants and him being vocal about what he stands for. I've never said it though to anyone or on Twitter, these are just spontaneous thoughts that will come to me in the moment. If I had a conversation with AKA would I bring it up??? You never know.

I compare Cassper more to Drake, not because of the music aswell but more because of their rap career and how they came up in the game. They both left high school before the finished, they both had a career before the music, Drake acting and Cassper as a dancer, and their both kinda hated in the game by their peers becasue of their success. I've also never said this to anyone but in a convo with them I might say it. You never know.

It's not that people don't believe he gets called Kanye it's more that they don't see the comparison. But other people may connect the dots that do match them up and compare them. Until I explain why i would call Cassper the Drake of SA you would think I'm insane but given the comparisons above it's not so far fetched is it????

So my point is unless you're in his circle and know what they say to him on a daily basis you don't know.

Peep the interview below if you haven't seen it.