Bonang's The First Local Star On The Cover Of CLEO Magazine


Do you get approached in public?“I do and it’s actually happening more and more. But I don’t mind, it comes with the territory and I understand that. Being a celebrity means you’re opening yourself to the public, people feel like they know you. When I saw Liz Hurley and Doctor Rey in South Africa, I was doing exactly what other people do to me.”
What do you do to relax? “I enjoy eating out – especially for breakfast, I chill out at home, drink wine and watch TV – I enjoy watching Idols SA, I love reality shows and E! Entertainment. I love to shop and I travel a lot as well. I kind of just get my passport, get into a plane, stay a few nights in Madrid or wherever and come back, without anyone knowing.”
How would you describe yourself in a relationship? “I believe opposites attract. I’m like the one on Red Bull in a relationship, so I do need someone who brings me back down to earth; that’s the kind of man I’m always drawn to.”
What else do you look for in a man? “He has to be serene, quiet and peaceful. It’s important that a man respects his mother and that he’s ambitious. I want someone who works even harder than I do, so that he can become someone I look up to.” 
How did your family feel about you appearing on FHM’s cover? “I actually didn’t mention it to them [laughs], but when my mom saw it she said that I won’t look like this forever, so I must celebrate my body. She’s my biggest cheerleader. She says I should do want I want, as long as I’m careful and work hard.”
Would you ever pose for Playboy? “No. FHM is revealing, but you’re still covered up. For me, once you see nipple, it’s too much [laughs]. I appreciate my body, but that doesn’t mean I want everything on show.”
Do you think you have any flaws? “I think I have a big forehead and sometimes I think I’m too skinny. Then I have to remind myself that, yes, I do have a big forehead, but so does Tyra Banks and Rihanna!”

By Cleo Magazine