Top Ten International Artists in 2010


10. Eminem - He had the highest first week sales of the year at 700 000+ copies and seems to be back on track. His 1st single, Not Afraid, broke records and was the 2nd rap song to enter the charts at number 1 since Puffy's dedication track to Biggie Smallz. Slim definitely held it down this year.

9. Diddy Dirty Money - My suprise act of the year, I had thought Puffy was just releasing another Ego trip record just to prove that he truly "won't stop". I was never really a fan of "Hello, Goodmorning", but after hearing "Loving You No More" and "Strobe Lights" I'm certain Diddy's got a hit record. The composition of the songs on the album shows that this album wasn't a rushed recording. Nice one Diddy.

8. Dizzee Rascal - The past two years have been his ever since he switched to pop-rap. This year he proved that not only can he do it on his own but he can work with big artists and still make hit tracks. His new song with Shakira proves that he's being noticed by the best now.

7. Justin Bieber - Already you can see that Justin is one of those acts that won't just fall off. He's the male Miley Cirus with a bright future. Right now he doesn't know what he's talking about with his "Baby, baby, baby", in a few years he'll realise that these are not just love songs, it's life hehehe. Bieber sold 137 000 copies 1st week but ended up selling over 2 million records after about 3 months.

6. Kanye West - Groundbreaking ideas as always, he decided to go dark and mystic on us and made his first video a moving painting. Truly a work of art what Yeezy did this year despite his Tailor Swift incident. His G.O.O.D FRIDAY tracks left us wanting more and the album didn't fail to impress us. He did about 497 000 in his 1st week. Not bad but am sure he wanted or expected more.

5. Nicki Minaj - The biggest female artist this year was undoubtably Nicki, now every 2nd girl wants to be her and every other girl is hating on her. Which clearly means she's made it. I wasn't really excited about her album, I think I'm really into Nicki's personality more than her music. But everyone who's anyone now has a song with her, that's a lifetime achievement.

4. Drake - It goes without saying that Drizzy has had a great year. He met his expectations with "Thank Me Later", selling 467 000 copies 1st week as expected which is higher than Eminem and Kanye's debut albums. So technically his future is looking brighter. His single "Miss me" featuring Lil Wayne is the current club banger from his album, I have't gone out this month without hearing it. I'm sure he's "tyred" cause it's been a "GOODYEAR" hehehe.

3. Lady Gaga - The craziest white girl in Hollywood right now and we love it. I have to admit, I thought this year she was a bit extreme but her music was still on point. I'm pissed I still don't have the album. She's the most followed person on twitter and her performances are said to be the most revered. You wouldn't expect this from a shy girl.

2. Tinie Tempah - This is a bit of a biased rating, but Tinie Tempah is my artist of the year. He's still in growth stage but he released 2 of the biggest club bangers this year, "Pass Out" and "Miami to Ibitha". Now many international artists are requesting to work with him. That's not small fame buddy. 2011 am expecting more fire from Tempah.... "Tinie is the name, Disturbing London is the company".



1. Rihanna - No one's gonna argue with me here... From Rude Boy and Rock Star to "Ohhh nana, what's my name", ALL Rihanna's music this year has impressed me if not all of us. I never really liked her before, I just knew she was hot and tolerated her music. This year her album showed me she's more than just a pretty, red-haired, Caribbean hotty. I'm also falling inlove with her Jamaican-style chants and bad girl tendencies. Beyonce better watch out, Rihanna is coming for her spot and I'm down with that.

And That's The Tiger's Story follow the tiger on twitter @flue_id