Could this be the South African Nicki Minaj? - Nadia Nakai

Being compared to Nicki Minaj is a privelege, but it also comes with a whole lot of pressure. Nadia sent me some tracks and I'm impressed, wouldn't say she's Nicki though. She's got the talent but what makes Nicki is more her personality and in your face attitude. Nadia's got the swagg, cockiness and is witty which makes her fun to listen to. She's definitely the future of S.A hip-hop, I just hope the right people are listening out for her.


I’m sure by now you’ve noticed my dislike of female emcees. Until I met Nicki ofcourse, whose combination of beauty, talent and personality allowed me to give other female rappers a 2nd opinion. Well the female emcees I thought were wack I still haven’t changed my mind on but someone else has caught my eyes and ears  and redeemed South African hip hop regarding the opposite sex. Nadia Nakai, get familiar!!!

Nadia raps about money, Louis bags, b*tches, haters, other girls’ men texting her and the same witty, slick rhymes you would expect from a commercial artist. What I like about her raps is that they got swagg and  attitude, and even though she’s being compared to Nicki Minaj she doesn’t try to be her. Call me a chauvinist but what I like most about her is that she’s pretty and has sex appeal. Nothing pleases me more than WANTING to see who I’m listening to, which is not the case with other local female artists.


South African hip-hop could use a little flavour and Nadia represents the caramel chunks in our hip-hop sundae. She’s all about breaking barriers and  represents Zimbabwe and South Africa and so regards herself as a south side rapper. This will hopefully bring the other hot, female artists out of their weaves and on stage and maybe inspire our first live cat fight hehehe. However you look at this it’s a positive.

And That's the Tiger's Story follow the tiger on twitter @flue_id
Check out Nadia’s interview on www.momix.co.za and listen to one of her songs below.