LoCnVille – Overrated but not underpaid

The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and well countless times I heard these guys’ “Sun in my pocket” track I thought it was the annoying sounds of the pop group LMFAO. Well known for their “I’m in Miami girl”, LMFAO used to annoy the ish out of me every time I heard ‘em. This “Sun in my pocket” song wasn’t any different. When I realized my mistake and learned of Locnville and their interesting history I decided to give the song a fair chance and listen without the thought of those annoying LMFAO boys. Nothing changed.

LoCnVille’s music production is certainly of an international standard though, hence the mistake of thinking they were another global group. The quality of their music is superb. I’m a loyal 5fm listener so their music does fit into my playlist, I just wouldn’t add it. The New York born, S.A raised relatives of Charlie Chaplin fuse hip-hop, pop, electronic and organic synths together to create their music. This has earned them an international record deal and the hearts of many girls. Their facebook page has over 160 000 fans and with this international deal it should grow exponentially over time. They’re already doing shows in Sweden and other parts in Europe.

I hate situations where the majority like something you don’t, then you’re forced to put on a fake smile and bop your head like you share their sentiments. Well, not this time. I think Locnville is overrated but not underpaid for sure. A situation I wouldn’t mind being in any day. Someone overrate me PLEASE.












The Tiger Himself