Kaydee Got Next - S.A Hip-Hop Scene

Now I know the name yeah. It would be massive oversight for me not to write about the next promising hip-hop artist coming from SA when I've given others the same platform. I try not to write about every artist that I hear on radio, no energy really. But when I listen to the radio, 5fm in particular, and I hear a track that makes me wonder who this is; then determine by the zulu in the song that it's not an American song and immediately stop the car and Google who it might be then download his whole mixtape in the following week... I have to write about that now don't I? Now bare in mind that to get me to download a song is a mission, free or not. To download a mixtape after I've heard 1 song? You have to have made quite an impression.

KayDee came out of nowhere in my eyes and just landed on the 5fm Top40 which is where I 1st heard him. That's a massive leap for a new artist. Only after then when I downloaded his mixtape did I realise he had been pushing for a while with a video on Channel O aswell for his club banging "Blue Box". But "So High" is another level of music purely because it's different. And that's the appeal he brings to the game. His mixtape, Primetime Life, has your traditional hip-hop songs with nice beats and raps which get you bumpin'. But it's select tracks like "So High" and "Best Believe" that reveal the star quality he has and the talent S.A fans need to be exposed to more often. If there's anyone close to being the next star right now, it just could be him. Follow him on twitter @KayDeeSA for links to his songs, #BestBelieve you will not be disappointed.

Gone @Ttigersstory