Coca-Cola went all out with this product. Their biggest global product launch in 20 years. Coke Zero boasted "the same" Coke taste with zero sugar and had everyone excited and so eager to have a taste. Coca Cola gave away millions of free bottles to TV Networks, Radio stations, schools, sponsored the biggest concerts and even taxi ranks got free drinks to make sure everyone knew about it. But after all that, have South Africans really fallen head over heels for the "healthier" alternative to the Coke we all know and love? What are the facts here?
Well 1st of all Coke Zero DOES NOT taste like the original Coke (not the one with cocaine by the way). Maybe that shouldn't have been mentioned. It has a different taste with a distinct, irritating after-taste. Coke Zero is more similar to Coke Light than the original. If you compare Coke Light ingredients with Coke Zero's, there isn't much difference. Coke's target wasn't just the diet freaks though, their advertising showed for certain that EVERYONE was intended to become a loyal buyer of the product. But it's not the case.
Since the hype died I forgot it existed till I saw a Coke Zero billboard, thus me writing this article. I haven't seen anyone drink Coke Zero since its giveaway days. I see it in stores, so I guess the fat people are still buying it. But they buy 1 bottle of Coke Zero and 4 Original. Well all their products can't be a hit. Until the next 1 I guess, who cares with trillions in the bank.
The Tiger Himself follow the tiger on twitter @Flue_id

