Down-and-out socialite claims ex gave her designer clothes to a stripper.]
No car, no home and no clothes - but socialite Khanyi Mbau says nothing is going to break her because "divas never die".
After a well-publicised break-up with her 52-year-old sugar daddy, Theunis Crous, Mbau, 24, found herself on the breadline.
Late last month, Crous made outlandish claims of witchcraft - saying Mbau used "muti" to lure him away from his wife, Primrose, 31.
Mbau claimed last week to have had a nervous breakdown due to the "stress" Crous caused her with his muti allegation.
The self-confessed "platinum digger", however, appeared sufficiently recovered to speak to The Times yesterday, claiming to have left her sick bed last Friday to fight another woman for her clothes.
She claims Crous "gave a stripper all my designer stuff" - including a Burberry jacket and her Louis Vuitton gear. He also booted her out of the apartment he paid for and took back the Lamborghini he had bought for her.
"I was unlawfully evicted from my apartment at the Michelangelo on July 2, after Theunis and I had a heated argument, which led to our break-up," she claimed.
"He then took my car and clothes, saying he would make my life a living hell. He and Primrose even put my number on Facebook and Twitter, telling people to call me and call me names!"
Last Friday, Mbau realised that her beloved clothes had gone after receiving an anonymously sent cellphone picture showing a woman in her apartment, kneeling in front of her shoes, and wearing her Burberry jacket and Nike sneakers - two items she never would have worn together.
"I sent the picture around to friends and asked if people knew her, until someone on Sunday called me, telling me that the same girl was at a tshisa'nyama [a public braai outlet] in Midrand and she was wearing my clothes!" she ranted.
"I went there with the police, found my clothes at her house and filed a case of theft."
Mbau claims that she spent three days in hospital last week following her nervous breakdown, but that did not stop her from attending the You Spectacular event on Saturday night. But Crous's muti claims still infuriate her.
"I've never used muti, I know I was wrong for believing that Theunis would ever leave his wife like he said he would, and I'm sorry to all the wives and children that once believed in me. I really messed up with this one," she said.
Mbau's relationship with Crous, a construction company owner who is still married to Primrose, with whom he has two children, became public last September after Mbau was spotted at a function with a brand-new black Lamborghini with personalised plates.
This was months after she lost her old, yellow Lamborghini - given to her by former husband, the reportedly broke Mandla Mthembu.
She insists there won't be another sugar daddy in her life any time soon.
"I'm okay now, I might not have a car or my place to stay, but I am going to be okay. You must remember that divas never die."
by TIMES Live

